Zum Inhalt springen

Hoffmann original paint

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hello from Finland!

I can't read or speak german at all, but I'm glad that you have lot of photos at your forum. this question that I'm asking may already be answered, but could somebody please tell me in english. The problem is this:

I have 2 Hoffmann-Vespas, both are HA, 1950 models.

sko_hoff1.jpg

sko_hof2.jpg

The other is now being primed for painting, but I don't have the paint for it yet. Neither one has any original color in it, so there's no reference for me to look for the color.

Some say that this 1950 Hoffmann-Vespa's color is the same as 1949 italian Vespa, so that's (according to Vespa Tecnica book) Max Meyer 6000 M. The problem is that nobody here has Max Meyer paint lines and other paint suppliers don't have colour code for Vespa this old.

So, with what colour have you painted your '50 Hoffmann's and does anybody have a code for that colour, in Standox or SpiesHecker colour charts?

And other question is:

Since I have two '50 Hoffmann-Vespas, I'd like to paint the other some different colour. But here the scooter must be in original colour in order to get it to our "Oldie-register". So, is there even a slight chance that this Hoffmann-Vespa in a german museum has original paint?

2892_1.jpg

Thank you in advance!

Bearbeitet von touhumaa

Hello,

congratulations to the 2 Hoffmann Vespas.

Do you know if they were originally imported to Finland or if the preowners bought them in germany ?

There were 2 colours available.

The first one was called "Fischsilbergrün"....in english "fishsilvergreen"...which is nearly the same with the colour "VW Turmalingrün"

The second colour which was available was the red as you have posted.

If you want to have this colour, you can ask mr.VespaGS here in the forum. He has all the colours you ´ll need.

regards,

gatti