Zum Inhalt springen

Pinasco Kit auf p200 motor

johnvt

Empfohlene Beiträge

Sorry that my German isn't good enough to write in German but i can understand if you write back in German.

I already have a p200 engine in my GS 160 but I want to put a pinasco kit on it to turn it into a sports tourer. I will also be putting a Taffspeed crank (not a long one), cosa clutch and a sito plus exhaust but keep the standard carb. People have told me that I will need to change the cyclinder head to a Malossi as the compression is too high on the standard head. Is this true or is this only if you run with the pinasco with a long crank shaft? I would love to keep the original head as I would prefer not to pay for the additional cost of the malossi head. Any advice would be very welcome!

Thanks

John

amsterdamvespaclub.com

kauf dir gleich einen malossi und einen passenden kopf dazu.

der "malossi" kopf wird nicht passen, weil der pinascozylinder höher als der malossi ist. beim malossi ist der kolben mit dem zylinder bündig und beim pinasco ist der kolben ca. 2mm unterhalb der zylinderkante.

besser also original pinasco kopf als "malossi" kopf. mit dem haste ja überhaupt keine leistung mehr.

I would test the original head. You won´t have the compression you need with the malossi head. I tried it with the malossi. The pinasco had less power compared to the original cylinder. I think the original head will fit better. Hope you understand my english. I´m just home from my Maitour and finding the right words is not that easy :-D

Jürgen

thanks for your response - the english is 100% perfect so dont worry. When you say that I should try the original head - do you mean the original pinasco head that comes with the kit or the original p200 head? What set up do you have on the bike & what is your cruising & top speed?

thx

John

...which pinasco kit do have? :haeh:

...the old one which has been made for the long crank shaft or the new one which fits on the regular one?

If you have the new one, you should take the head which was mentoned for the kit... :-D

Hey - I havent got it yet but I would order it from SCK so it I think it would be the new one. I'll run a normal length crank so I therefore take it that the head with the new kit will be fine (and therefore also as good as a malossi or an original p200 remachined head)- this seems to be what you recommend. I'd prefer that anyway really - I just find it hard to believe that Pinasco would make a kit where the head is rubbish.

...my opinion is that the head fits perfect for the normal crank.....

....but don't believe that the kit would make your scooter much more faster than the original engine was....

what would help is to open the Ports as shown in the Topic "originalzylinder tuning"

try :-D

cool - thanks for that. Dennis also said that the Malossi head actually makes it slower - not faster. a friend of mine will do some porting for me - so I'll foward him the link you gave.

I know it wont be much faster but I like the bottom end grunt of this. I also like the power in the lower revs so this should hopefully help. I'm hoping that with some porting, a cosa clutch, the taffspeed (race?) crank, the malossi kit & the sito plus that it will make a bit of differance on the top end or at least make it easier to get to the top speeds with wind etc.

thx for all your advice - keep it coming!

John

@vesparally

steht aber anders im text :-(

Sorry that my German isn't good enough to write in German but i can understand if you write back in German.

holländer waren seeräuber und können alle sprachen :-(:-D

Bearbeitet von gravedigger