Zum Inhalt springen
  • Das GSF wandelt Links in Affiliate Links um, um ggf. eine Provision erhalten zu können. Gerne nutzen bitte, danke! Mehr Infos, wie ihr das GSF unterstützen könnt, findet ihr im GSF Support Topic.

210 polini GS

FurlanPx

Empfohlene Beiträge

Hi, I'm assembling a 210 polini with GS piston,MMW head, mazzuchelli 57 racing crankshaft, si 24/24 , 23/65 with short 4th, and original exhaust. It will be a touring engine, with no peak power, but very good torque, and reliability I hope :)

So my question is about the jets of the si24, I worked only with engines with phbh or keihin pwk carburetors, I'm not expert with this type... so anyone can help me about the starting jets for this engine?

thanks

Marco from Italy :-D

Hi Marco,

I would suggest something between 130 and 120 for the main jet. Just start at the top and try downwards.

The mixtur jet is more difficult, I found data between 2,4 and 3,2. The 2,4 jet was used in a engine with a racing crankshaft. Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael

Bearbeitet von micha2802

Ciao Marco

Rather than in short 4 Gear you shout spend money on 24/63 Malossi ultralong or leave orginal instead.As you mention The Polini 208 cylinder develeop his power very early.Bigger carburators (coolingwise)are usefull but not a must

68.JPG

Check this topic there are some good pics HereModifing your carb like this and start with Mainjet 135-140, Aircorrector 160, Atomiser BE3, idelejet 55/160

Edith says:@ the piston clear away material with sandpaper

cylinder staybolt channels open with flex or saw (thats outside )helps the cylinder to lead heat better off

discharge opening more broadly and trapezoidally

another exhaust for example T5 with sito plus elbow unions

Bearbeitet von Fettkimme

ok, danke alles! I don't need to buy a short 4th, I've got one in the garage, but I will follow your tips and I use the 35 teeth 4th. Have you got some tips for the lenght of the valve? with the 24si(maybe ovalized) I think 2+2 should be good, or maybe 3+3 to gain something in rev. 4+4 I think is too much for this kind of engine. what do you think?

Danke

Marco

If i understand you right, you are talking about the inlet. I think it doesn´t really make sense in this combination but if you do, enlarge it just backwards (there isn´t really much space frontwards anyway...). In the manual Malossi says 6mm backwards. :wasntme:

I'm talking about the inlet rotary valve, I'm used to enlarge it. I don't enlarge it only to have more inlet area(in this case would be useless because the carb is the same), but the valve enlargement modifies also the inlet duration degrees, in a few words more degrees more peak power, less degrees more torque...but also it depends "where" are these degrees. For which engine malossi says 6mm backwards? enlarging backwards means more torque, enlarging to the cylinder means more peak power, with this config I think I should have enough torque, so I think I have to enlarge maybe more to the cylinder.

danke

Marco

Bearbeitet von FurlanPx

I think all largeframe Malossi-Manuals are the same but the pic shows the inlet of a 125ccm engine.

When you are using a Mazzuchelli race-crank, the inlet is open long enough... too long in my opinion! So, enlarging the inlet frontwards won´t make it better! Especially with original exhaust, which doesn´t need that!

I would let the rotary valve open for 65 degrees after piston in upper peak position (translated correctly? :-D:-D ). Mazzuchelli: about 75 degrees. Inlet enlargement backwards would mean valve opening about 115 degrees before upper peak position of the piston (110 original).

I got it Marco rotary valve :-D

We still talking about polini cylinder the best plug and play on rotary valves .The 24 SI is despite his short sucking in way, economically and full power firmly .You right if you point out Rotery valve Egines lives on the inlet tax times however there is little milling work to do.For approx. 1000 Umin more than the orginal Zylinder approx. 1,5-2mm (as Madmax describes).The Polini dont like high Umin.Polini runs,no matter how strongly loaded or driven by 2person always equal fast... comes there quite fast .But After he reaches max Speed there is no pushing further like Malossi (Gain Speed by bend down and so on :-D ).With a 23 teeth Cosa and described treatment 115-120 Kmh( depending upon tyre) is realistically.

If you enlarge rotary valve inlet to mutch you increase only the gasoline consumption. 4,5 -5 Litre an egine like that shout use.

:-D Ante

respekt da gibts leut die englisch können oder so tun als ob :sabber:

leo helps :-D

65 degrees

this can be a reason to have a nice discussion :wasntme:

even a crankshaft with 75 or 85 degrees work perfect also with the original exhaust

with a little bit of optimization for every part of the engine

you can find a few pictures about different engines on our site

link below in the signature

Bearbeitet von freakmoped

@freakmoped: smiley1.gif

You mean the engine works but you don´t know if 65 degrees work better... :-D

Some time ago i used a modified original crank (17mm longer inlet time) and that worked well (original exhaust and JL exhaust). Nevertheless there was some sprayback at lower revs. When i took away the upper part of the airbox and the airfilter and let the engine run, drops of gasoline sprayed out of the carburetor! :-D

Bearbeitet von madmax

Geh, Jörg, jetz sei amoi net glei ein´gschnoppt! Es geht jo um an Malossi mit Originalauspuff. Der ko jo eh net drahn, wos soia scho groß üban Einloß schnauf´n? Und überhaupt, wer hot wos vo kana Mehrleistung mit längara Einloßzeit g´sogt? Oba bei zfü, host weniga, des is kloa! Pass´n muaß des! :-D

FurlanPx ask for reliability and a touring engine, with no peak power.Therefor described treatment should do.The engine runs smoothly does not overhead and also dont suck to mutch petrol.With a proper mix of (always) synthetically Oil your cylinder faces a Life of aprox.8-9000 Km with a littel bit more geklapper the last 30 % :grins:

@madmax Fakt is mit ner Langhub,Kodi und nem ultralangem Primär reißt du beim Polini einfach mehr.

Du wirst zugeben das dein Zylinder auch ziemlich früh gegen die Wand gelaufen ist und die verlängerten nur für mehr Spritdurchsatz geführt haben.

Der Sito läßt ihn in Verbindung mit leicht erhöhten steuerzeiten etwas besser und höher ausdrehn.Wobei dann Kolben und Auslass gut gemacht sein sollten oder Hitzetod droht.

da können wir ja gleich bei originalen 55° bleiben
Yosen besser ist das ........meistens

hallo, danke alles, Ich habe deutsch in die schule gelernt...aber ich bin nicht so gut! :-D ist besser ob in diese topic wir schreiben in english so ich kann verstand :-D (I think this sentence is full of errors... :plemplem: )

Fettkimme:

FurlanPx ask for reliability and a touring engine, with no peak power.Therefor described treatment should do.The engine runs smoothly does not overhead and also dont suck to mutch petrol.With a proper mix of (always) synthetically Oil your cylinder faces a Life of aprox.8-9000 Km with a littel bit more geklapper the last 30 % bigsmile.gif

yes you centered my will, so..in the end I think I will try the mazzuchelli with no enlargement in the inlet valve, but I want to try to ovalize the si24, the link that you give me and in nuschool-riders's site there are many pics that can help me. If my friend will little more peak power he can use a simonini exhaust that he has already got.

danke, tschuss!

:-D

Bearbeitet von FurlanPx

@freakmoped: ja, damit bin ich schon gefahren (mit RW) und auch mit nem Polini ohne RW und T5-Rap.

Beim Malossi-Motor werden es 70 Grad nach OT gewesen sein, war sehr gut zu fahren, idealer Tourenmotor. Mehr Einlaßsteuerzeit hätte da sicher nichts verändert, weniger hätte vielleicht den Spritverbrauch gesenkt.

Der Polini war ohne RW (mit T5-Rap) beschissen zu fahren! Da hat man gemerkt, was gegen eine Wand fahren heißt. Das Drehzahlende war so abrupt, daß man wirklich das Gefühl hatte gegen was gefahrenzu sein! :uargh:

A clubmember uses a Polini 207 engine with race crank, modified crankcase, 24 Si and original exhaust (previously Polini-exhaust) for touring. He never had problems but the engine was never driven at full throttle for long time. The only problem he once had, was a broken gasketring in the crankcase but that could have happened to an original engine too.

Did you modify the crankcase for the Polini ports?

The ignition timing has to be adjusted properly! That´s something essential for reliability!

I modify the crankcases to match the cylinder transfers, but I don't modify the ports of the cylinder, neither the exhaust even if on scootering of january is written that with this piston we can enlarge the exhaust port 2mm each side and the cylinder is still reliable, i need TOTAL reliability, at cost to have less power. I have also my timing strobe flash to adjust the timing.

Tschuss

Marco

A clubmember uses a Polini 207 engine with race crank, modified crankcase, 24 Si and original exhaust (previously Polini-exhaust) for touring. He never had problems but the engine was never driven at full throttle for long time.

but full throttle up all the mountains in north italy :love: :love: :-D

Ciao Marco

It may makes sens to brush up your german.There are a few good topics .Especialy this one here.Try to contact those Members the already use Polini for a long time under hard conditions Successfully!

zum Polini und Standfest das ist ja wohl ein Thema für sich

1. Polini pnp sonst nichts >> dürfte ja nicht zu schwer sein

2. polini angepasst, 28/30 PHBH, Rennwelle, RAP kein Problem

3. polini bearbeitet, Membran, 30 und mehr , RAP wirds schon schwierig

es gibt eins dazu zu sagen, wer versucht seinen Polini den Eigenschaften des Malles anzupassen der wird nie und nimmer ein zufriedenstellendes Ergebniss erreichen, der Polini liebt die hohen Drezahlen nicht und ist für diese nicht ausgelegt, oder hat es schon einer geschaft ???

ich hab zum Vergleichen einen

1.Polini angepasst mit Rennwelle, Fudi 1,5, Kodi 1,0 und 28PHBH und PM Alt

gegen, SCK Zentralkopf

2.Polini bearbeitet (nicht am Auslass), MalleMembran, 30PHBH, 1,5 Fudi, org.Welle, PM Evo, org.Kopf (mit großem Brennraum)

der 1. Motor wird von einem Freund von mir gefahren, welcher Fahren und Spaß haben will, der Motor ist nun 5 Jahre alt, hat 7 Klemmer hinter sich, 7 in den ersten drei Jahren, mit dem Wechsel auf ein anderes Öl keinen mehr, Klemmerspuren wurden nicht beseitigt, Motor läuft jetzt noch recht gut und ist absolut zuverlässig, Vollgasfest (wenn man 20 min Vollgas als Vollgasfest bezeichnen kann), habe jetzt den Kolbenring gewechselt, Zylinder + Kolben sehen gut aus, der Roller wird hauptsächlich in der Stadt gefahren, zwischendurch Etappen von 150km und zuletzt war er in Frankreich 300km/5h. Ich würde sagen, dass der Polini tourentauglich und standfest ist, schließlich muss man zur Standfestigkeit auch sagen, dass wenn er geklemmt hat lässt er sich weiter fahren, der Malle dagegen braucht dann schon eine Kur.

Der RAP des Motors ist nun nicht ungedingt das ware, da der alte PM auf Drehzahlen aus ist, aber das ganzs Konzept und die Verarbeitung und Einstellung des Motors, mit unter das ÖL lassen diesen Motor einfach immer am laufen.

Der Motor wurde in dieser Zeit bis jetzt auf den Kolbenring nicht 1 mal gewartet und das nenne ich standfest und zuverlässig. Dazu kommt, dass er gerade mal 10km/h langsamer ist wie meiner.

Zum 2. Motor Polini, MalleMembran, max gefräst ohne schweisen, org. Welle, 30PHBH, Zylinder ÜS gefräst, Boost gefräst alles für max Gasstrom und Menge, Kolbenfenster angepasst und strömungsgünstig gestaltet, 0,8 Fudi, PM Evo.

Der Motor leistet weitaus mehr als Variante 1, dreht höher, gemessen an der Vmax, hat ca. 20 Klemmer hinter sich und ist fast nicht stanfest zu bekommen, alles hat mit der Drehzahl angefangen, je höher ich mit der Drehtahl bin desto mehr neigte er zu klemmen, trotz sämtlicher Versuche mit Bedüsung und Zündung, fazit Drezahl und Polini . Bin ihn zuletzt mit 0,8 Fudi gefahren restliches Setup hab ich nicht mehr im Kopf, konnte nur bedingt (ca. 3-5 min)Vollgas fahren (hatte keine Lust auf Klemmer), aber muss dazu sagen habe die ersten 15 Klemmer auch in den ersten 3 Jahren gefahren, mit dem Wechsel auf ein anderes Öl nur noch 5, wobei ich an dreien zwecks probier mal aus selber schuld war. Mein Motor ist somit nur beding standfest und zuverlässig, obwohl ich wiederrum sagen muss, dass er sich mit 20 Klemmer, verdammt gut fahren lässt, wenn die Kompression auch nicht mehr da ist und ich denke ich schmeiss jetzt mal eine 80er an, aber Pustekuchen, der 20Klemmerpolini schiebt noch. Der Motor hat ca. 20Tkm den 2. Kolben

Zum Schluss kann ich nur sagen, wer dem polini seine typische charakteristik belässt, diese ausarbeitet, der wird auch zufrieden sein.

Leider kenn ich einige Leutz, die versucht haben, weil sie gelesen haben und oder gehört haben, dass man mit ein bisschen fräsen und unterlegen, den Polini zum Malle umbauen zu könnte, sich vergeblich ausgelassen haben und der Meinung sind, der Polini sei ein beschissener Zylinder, welcher nichts kann und ab kann.

Doch war es bei den meisten das Problem, dass sie sich mit dem Problem nicht beschäftigt haben sonst würden sie wissen warum es nicht geht.

Kleiner Beitrag mal am Rande

mfg sanchezc

we are in any case keen to know how and if the engine survives that Trip
full throttle up all the mountains in north italy
straight to Holland and all the way back. After all that.... Nobody calls a Polini unreliable anymore wwwooooowgier.gif

eheheh is not simple to brush up my german :wasntme: but I read often your topics in this forum, something I can understand.. or try to guess, there are always interesting topics. :-D

I don't think too that polini is an unreliable engine, I talked with people that have got much knowledge and they told me that polini isn't an unreliable engine.. but is difficult to set up, is not like a polini 177, just change the original cylinder with that and all is ok.. the 210 needs more attention to the particoulars and more carefoul, but it is a good one.

Maybe I will go with him in this run, with my polini 177,longstroke w5, reed valve, keihin 28, rz right, variabile ignition... and I will tell you ours experience with this 2 different engines.

Tschuss

Marco

polini 177 doesn´t work with longstroke - the pistons are to weak

is not like a polini 177, just change the original cylinder with that and all is ok..

nope...

if you take a good cylinderhead with low compression (the old pinasco or a new gsf)

and keep the original exhaust the 207 is the best plug and play reliable cyl for 200ccm you can get

elementary is the right setup for carburetor and ignition - but this applies to every engine...

Bearbeitet von freakmoped

polini 177 doesn´t work with longstroke - the pistons are to weak

uhm.. I don't agree with you in this point. The piston is good, is not a problem, the real problem is the gasket. If you use a bottom gasket the piston goes too much under the ports and this is bad for the cylinder washing and heat dissipation. I use a 1,5 head gasket, in this way my engine is very reliable and I haven't got any problems even if I run many kilometers. So you can use longstroke with polini 177 only if you like torque(I like it) because you are obliged to use an head gasket if you want reliability, otherwise you can use basic stroke crank or you can rise the exhaust port.

Marco

Polini Pistion Material tendt to be weak.For that resaon some scooterists use a Malossipiston ,the so called Pollosi .But no worrys as long as you stick with freakmoped advice you fine.No holes in your Pistonroof trough weak Aluminum alloy :-D

Yes, I know polossi, but I referred to the 177 polini piston,as freakmoped referred, not to the 210 polini piston. :-D

Bearbeitet von FurlanPx

The weak thing of the Polini 177 are the rings. Some people say, broken rings can be related to the longstroke crankshaft and a widened outlet. The thick rings don´t like higher piston velocities and wider outlets. But i only heared about that. I don´t use a Polini 177 but a Malossi 166 with good, thin rings... :-D

Bearbeitet von madmax